We ran into an issue today that took entirely too long to debug. If you’ve worked in SSRS and BIDS, you know that there are about 10 ways to do that same thing but, unfortunately, usually only one will actually work the way you want it to.
In this case, we have a report with a parameter that allows for multiple values to be submitted. For example, the report could be run for “Peter” or “Peter and Paul” or “Paul and Mary”. The problem was that there are seven sub-reports that needs this parameter passed into it also. No matter what we tried, we couldn’t get the sub-reports to recognize the parameters in its query.
Finally found the answer in the comments to this blog post.